United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
I did it on my M3 recently. I used the IND DIY found elsewhere on the site. The hardest part for me was the removal of all of the tape from the original spoiler -- this will not be a problem for you. I used goof-off and there is one place where apparently it sat a bit too long and left a very slight imperfection in the clearcoat (can only see it with tangential light, it's not a scratch, like it ate through a superficial bit of the coat but not down to the paint.). I hope that will polish out easy, but it's not obvious either. The install took me about one hour. I also used the adhesion promoter that IND mentions. It's quite secure.

Note: be careful when removing the plastic backing for the new spoiler tape as the BMW and IND instructions mention; if you break it rather than pull it off cleanly it can make life a touch harder

EDIT: $520 is also nuts; buy it online. IND will put a CRT stripe on for you if you want to spend too much money like me.
IND is actually charging more than BMW is. Also, thanks for the info!