stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carholic View Post
To me. the Pan is a more special car to be in, from the alcantara interior to the piano black trim to the little chrome trim around each button to the rising console like a cockpit. Add to that the firmer and more supportive seats and a WAY better sounding exhaust system, and the PAN is just a more involving and rewarding drive, not even counting the better steering and handling (I have PDCC). I also find the transmission modes better sorted out in the Pan where every one of them is tuned well, whereas the comfort mode in the M5 is too tame and the sport plus mode is so jerky that it is unusable in daily driving.

The M5 has more electronic gadgets (BMW apps, album art, etc) and more thrust overall.

I think the Pan GTS is ugly from the side, but pretty from the front and back, and very pretty and special-looking inside, with four individual seats, alcantara and piano black trim everywhere. The M5 is mediocre looking everywhere.
I don't agree with you on the seats and the interior at all.

I spent 8.5 hours in the drivers seat of my M5 over 700 miles and was comfortable the entire trip. It is the first car I have had which provides that level of comfort.

The Pan has a great interior if you go custom - but the standard fare looks pretty tame to me.
Appreciate 0