09-27-2019, 08:09 PM   #82
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thef10m5 View Post
Well, this is strictly my personal opinion, but what I mean for example - the car is obnoxiously loud now & closing the valves doesn't really help bc there's so much vibration & rattle, so I just keep them open all the time. It draws too much attention.

I'm a full-time exec for a large company with two young teenage boys, so life is just busy. I don't have time for long weekend drives so the car is mostly driven locally - but this machine is only really happy when it's driven the way M cars are supposed to be driven - which is hard. Still, I enjoy the hell out of the car how I can.

I'm admittedly just a regular guy who has more serious enthusiast friends. They always coax me into things for my cars that I'd otherwise not do - like getting catless DP & a BM3 - LOL. I don't track my car or obsess about HP stats, 0-60 times etc. but I feel like the set-up now is geared for more serious driving which I don't do.

Anyhow - that's what I mean by overkill. Doesn't really suit how I use the car.
Appreciate your perspective and I completely understand. I take my kid to school, go to my corporate job, then battle traffic on the way home. I keep meaning to get this car on the track, either road or drag, and just haven't had the time. On rare occasions, I'll get the car out on a Sunday morning for a quick jaunt on some back roads, but this really isn't a back road corner carver either.

This car is a cruise missile, at home at 80mph and beyond, on a highway.

It's 100% overkill, even in stock form...but to me, that's the whole point.