View Single Post
      05-02-2020, 03:18 PM   #2
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 CP

I'd hold on to them if I were you. You might want to put them back on when you sell. The next owner might like everything about your car except your downpipes. Or even if they do like the car as is, it's like a nice added free bonus if you say you have the original and they can always put it back on down the road.

But if you're still more interested in selling/getting money for it, post an ad in the Marketplace section of this forum. Also try craigslist, I have sold so many things that way to local buyers. The last bet is eBay, but you will have to deal with shipping and fees.

BTW I doubt very much any dealer is really interested in buying used parts. They have to warranty and stay behind their parts/work. They're only going to use new OEM parts for everything they do to maintain their reputation. They don't care what anything costs, a customer going to a dealer for repair knows what kind of price they're in for. Exhaust shops will have no interest. This is too model specific and cats are expensive. Your only other chance is an independent BMW specialty shop that installs a lot of downpipes. They may have interest because ocassionally they will have a customer looking to go back to an OEM downpipe.