View Single Post
      11-28-2022, 11:01 AM   #91
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
You assume that no investigation has taken place. But that may be inaccurate. None of us knows what actions Ben Sulayem has ordered internally. IMHO it is very likely that he ordered to track down the leak and that subsequently measures were taken against the person (either part of FIA or part of a service provider of FIA). We do not know the identity. And it's speculation or innuendo to claim that it's Rao: no proof.
I don't assume anything. What I'm saying is that Ben Sulayem's reaction is blasé and to me it looks like he's not making it a high priority.

Quote:
Very likely, more people than we may think have access to internal info. Let's not forget that, due to the intricate complexity of the cost cap analysis, FIA also relied on external advisors. Ben Sulayem is not supposed to tell the press: "OK, we found the leak: it was Johnny/Jenny working at [organization name]. The situation has been taken care of internally regarding that person".
Yes, a large number of people might have that information. Doesn't change the situation though: someone has leaked. Someone broke his/hers confidentiality clause of their contract.
I don't expect Ben Sulayem to say who has leaked, and I'm not saying that anywhere. You don't have to explain that to me.

But what I do expect Ben Sulayem to say is that they take the matter very seriously and go to the bottom of it. But he's not even saying that. He's basically saying "oh well it happens all the time". And that breeds conformation bias. I expect a head of a large governing organisation like the FIA to give a more serious reaction on a matter like this.
And this is not comparable to 'pictures of a new model leaked by some photographer', this is leaking confidential information to a competing team that tries to shame competitors in the media. This is leaked because someone isn't impartial and can't be trusted.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-28-2022 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60059.50