View Single Post
      02-10-2020, 05:51 PM   #1
YanoM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Individual Nardo M5

What should be my next car?

Hello M5 Enthusiats,

I'm reaching out to you all for any feed back as to what I should do with my current car, keep, sell and what to get next.

Here's what I got. I have a 2013 F10 M5 going on 90K miles. I've owned for about 3 years. It's stage 2 and has basically every bolt on and exterior mods I want done. I've done spark plugs and rotors and brakes, new wheels and a control arm. Had to replace a couple fuses, oh and changed the battery. For an M car, I feel it's been a pretty reliable car.

I'm looking to sell for the following reasons:
Higher miles, reading the F10 M5 forums and people blowing their engines, I live in the PNW and the roads and winter can be much for a RWD and finally just getting the itch for something new.

Here's what I'm thinking of getting next and the reasons why I'm unsure. Also, all I'm interested really is a well rounded car that goes fast in a straight line!

- BMW F90 M5. Lease is around $1200 a month; which is a little high or a lot high lol. If I can find one around $900 it would be better. AWD is such a plus, but aren't these the same engines and could have the same problems with the F10 M5's with engine blowing up. How's the axles on these, much better? The F10 M5, anything north of 700 HP you'll have to replace clutches and axles and run meth.

- 2018 F80 M3 ZCP or CS. I love the looks of the M3 and have always wanted one since the E92. I'm 37 and work professionally. I'm hesitant as the M3 platform seems to appeal to a younger crowd. But the looks, the looks! Plus it seems as your pushing higher HP they are more reliable EXCEPT the crankhub! Also, has anyone gone from M5 to M3 and regretted it? Are the CS seats really uncomfortable. Oh and it's RWD, back to my grip issues.

- 2018 Audi RS3 - Almost bought one in the specs I wanted local, but couldn't get my M5 sold. I've owned a couple Audi's, RS6, B8S4, and Audi A4's. All Audi's were pretty amazing, with the exception of the 2011 B8 S4, it just felt so cheaply made and didn't offer the driving experience my M5 currently gives or my previous GT-R. I've heard great things about the RS3, from good driver feel, to easy to mod and get in the 10's and pretty reliable and AWD! Only thing is the looks can be subject. But just a great all around fast daily that will beat 98% of the cars with FBO and it will grip.

- 2019 X3M - Would lease this and it has the new S58 engine that reportedly is one of the strongest engines BMW has made and they also fixed the crankhub issue. Just a tune on these are getting into the mid 10's at 120-126 et. But my wife just bought a 2016 BMW X5. I love the looks and the potential of the X3M with just a flash, but it's a SUV.

- Keep the M5 and wait for the 2021 BMW M3 - the new M3 will have the S58 engine and it will be AWD. It's just a couple years away. I can keep the M5 and wrap it nardo grey this summer and refresh my tune. I still owe on the M5 and by then who knows how low the value will be and maybe no one will want to buy it at 100k plus miles.

Thanks for listening! Any feed back would be great. Oh and by the way my M5 is for sale
Attached Images

Last edited by YanoM5; 02-10-2020 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 0