View Single Post
      03-15-2021, 12:50 PM   #125
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
Following yco's lead and trying to bring the thread back to its topic, here are some of my takeaways from this year's testing
- I cant figure out if Merc is sandbagging, or if they truly arent on the pace of RBR right now. I am leaning towards them not being able to keep up entirely.
- It seems like Merc has been impacted by this floor change more than others. Last year the car was completely on rails around most corners. This year, I see a lot more rear end hesitation. We will see if they can sort it out in 2 weeks time.
- Perez looks good in the RBR team
- McLaren is looking really good, I think they have closed the gap again
- Their drivers numbers at 3, and 4 and I think there is a decent chance that is where they finish in the Drivers Championship
- I decided I dont like the Williams livery
- In a 3 day only test its very stupid to give one complete day to a test driver
- I dislike both Alpine drivers' attitudes
- The AMR is more off the pace than I expected
- RBR looks fast

It’s a little disappointing seeing Merc on the back foot when they likely started working on their car long before other teams started. But you can never count them out. They’re sure to figure out their issues very quickly.

Mclaren is exactly where I predicted they would be. Reminds me of when Alonso had said they have the best designed car on the grid, but not the engine to keep up with the other teams. I’m expecting to see some brilliant battles now that they have Merc power.

RBR off to a good start. I still think Perez will outscore Max. Max will inevitably make mistakes.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50