02-02-2023, 02:30 PM   #1192
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwspice View Post
It took me embarrassingly long to realize you weren't talking about Bradshaw.

Brady gets a lot of credit for Super Bowls that he played poorly in. I tried to like him but every time I watched one of his Super Bowls, the offense really struggled. It was a grind and the game was often won by his kicker with a lot of credit to his defense which kept him in the game while he couldn't score. The only time I ever saw him throw impressively, they had Moss and they choked an 18-0 start to a wildcard team that entered the playoffs with 10 wins.

Russell Wilson got the same kind of love when his play was average at best but his team's D and rushing game got them a lot of wins. QBs get credit and blame disproportionate to their actual performance.

When your QB's team wins, try to look at the actual stats. What led to that win. How well did your QB actually play and was he carried by the team. 7 TDs? Your QB is amazing. 2 TDs, 2 Ints, and the kicker wins it 17-14, your QB did everything he could to lose and the team he is on wasn't having it.
Big picture: The dude made it to 10 superbowls, winning 7 of them, and across 2 different teams. End of discussion. There are really talented QB's out there with solid rosters that will never make it to a superbowl let alone win one. My home team's QB is really talented and has great skill players to throw to but he will never take a team to a superbowl as he crumbles in the big moments. (Kirk Cousins)

I agree that QB's can get too much credit and blame considering what their actual performance looks like in a game, but Brady had to make several plays in huge moments across regular season games, playoffs and superbowls to allow the teams he was on to win 7 rings. And his team mates played harder and rose to the occasion knowing that they could trust Brady in those big moments.
Torgus3781.50