Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paquet View Post
Yessir - saw mention of that attack in Thailand of all places. it's so sad to hear of so many lives lost.
But i did notice my anti-gun acquaintances are remarkably quiet on it - not surprised though...

(lots of edits this morning - not enough coffee)
Yeah, they can't blame the evil AR-15 for this one. More deaths than Uvalde and it's crickets because the AR-15 wasn't involved.
The A.R. 15 is not evil. But it is occasionally used for evil.
What is your proposal for keeping it out of the hands of people who are evil?

Also, did you hear about the DPS officer who quit Dps, and went to work for Uvalde? She was one of the first seven or eight officers to respond to the elementary school massacre there. And she was caught on camera later saying "if my child was in there, I would've gone right in".

Is that your philosophy also?
Is that your training?
It is too late for that (….referencing keeping it out of the hands of evil people). You asking me that question is the equivalent of you asking me, "How can we keep drugs off of the streets?" ….We can't! No law, no party lines…..nothing…..will keep that from happening. THAT is the reality. The idea that we can legislate these things from occurring is completely flawed thinking/reasoning. Evil people will find a way to meet their objective(s). They ALWAYS do!

No, I didn't hear about that particular officer, but I also don't know why her statement would be surprising to anybody. What else would someone expect her to say? That was rhetorical; I don't need an answer.
Appreciate 0