View Single Post
      02-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
stuka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 M3 ZCP

Executive Package vs a la carte

Over the past weekend, I took my wife to our dealer that sold us the E90 M3 6 speed to drive the F10 M5 and see if this can be a worthy successor to our sadly departed 2003 M5 that died at only 42K miles.

First off, the car she test drove is Monte Carol blue, which she thought looked almost identical to the Estoril blue from the E36 M3 days. The DCT, she thought it sucked, and we will stay 6 speed if we get the F10 M5. I personally would rather get the DCT because I can't stand light clutches, and the F10 M5 clutch is super light , as in our old 996 Turbo POS clutch light. To me, our old E39 M5 and the GT2 clutches were the perfect specimen of the clutch land, and we both hated the soft clutch of our E90 M3.

Now the question, is there any way possible that we can just order the SAT and the sunshades without the executive package? The soft close doors, headup display, and the powered trunk are not our thing, and to be blunt, it's kind of crappy for BMW to hold these two options hostage.

Can this be done? Ordering SAT and sunshades separately? I know I can pay the dealer some money to activate SAT, which I am fine with doing. But the sunshades is too troublesome to retrofit.

Has anyone succeeded in doing this?
21 STI WRC Blue
24 D110 P400 White/black
Appreciate 0