View Single Post
      11-17-2015, 06:09 AM   #4
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Ive spoken to both BMW and Mondial on the phone with no further success however I still await a formal response via email so I chased them earlier with this follow up message

"I am sending a further email through to ask you to provide a formal response from both Mondial and BMW

Incidently, I have again spoken to both BMW and Mondial and you both appear to have different stances which is leading to further frustration and confusion on my part

1) BMW – you have stated that I can add BMW performance parts to my car with no adverse effect on the manufacturers warranty itself. You have also confirmed that if I add an aftermarket exhaust to the car you will only honour the warranty if the failure is not caused by the aftermarket part itself..This has been confirmed by numerous dealerships as well as BMW centrally and has been my understanding of how warranty operates for all experiences that I have had with BMW as well as my previous cars with Audi’s and Nissans

2) Mondial/Allianz – You have categorically said that you will not offer any form of warranty cover if the car is modified in any form and that includes the use of BMW performance parts – I passed this message back on to BMW who were very confused as well with the stance and also stated that they would be escalating this matter internally. I am now back to square one going backwards and forwards between BMW and Mondial.

As it stands at present, the stance taken by Mondial is not only preventing me from purchasing aftermarket parts for my car but also preventing me from purchasing BMW performance parts (if under the scenario that I want a BMW extended warranty – the key word being BMW….I appreciate that Mondial is the third party offering the extended warranty but you are operating under the BMW brand and in my mind effecting the brand in a very negative way…) hence BMW you should take note of what I am staying as well as other BMW owners or potential owners that I know are thinking the same thing

I am now not able to purchase the BMW extended warranty together with the BMW performance/aftermarket parts so either Mondial looses me as a customer or BMW looses me as a customer.

I still await a formal response to this via email, both from Mondial and BMW…Just to re-affirm, this further email will be placed on the various forums that I am a member of as well as your response if in fact you ever decide to response to this and my previous email

Regards"
Appreciate 0