View Single Post
      11-27-2019, 12:24 PM   #7
jethro22
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5

I have been following the topic (adding SLI coding) for a while.

Many, many people on the M3/4 forum have done it (e.g. https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1541914 ).

However for some reason very view if any with the F10 say they have done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
It is possible you don't have the speed limit feature. It is option 8TH (SPEED LIMIT INFO) if you decode your VIN or FA/VO. Also you can check:
HU_NBT -> 3001 EXBOX -> SPEEDLIMIT_INFO (SPEEDLIMIT_INFO).

It should be 01 (active) if you have speed limit info, 00 (not active) if you don't.

Assuming you have the feature, it might be possible to get it to display in NAV via the:
HU_NBT -> 3000 HMI -> SLI_NAVI_DISPLAY = active.

The exact meaning of this isn't clear to me, but I have speed limit display in the cluster and in the HUD but not in NAV, and this value is 00 (not active) on my car.
This is interesting, I would be interested if you can get it to display in the navi. Everyone in the M3/4 community says that the speed does NOT display in the navi and this is impossible.

Just to summarise things, here is an overview of the situation in the M3/4 (to the best of my few days of research!)

- Speed Limit Indicator (SLI) uses BOTH NAVI MAP and Camera to determine speed
- You can order option for Speed Limit Indicator (SLI) from factory
- You get the camera fitted if you order SLI but you also get it for Lane Departure Warning and other driver assistance
- If you have the camera fitted you can add SLI via coding
- If you do not have the camera fitted you can still purchase an emulator that allows you to add SLI via coding - even without the camera. Remember SLI uses the NAVI map AND the camera and you can use the emulator to enable SLI which takes its data just the NAVI map. Many F30 owners are doing this. The emulator supports F10 too.
- SLI only displays in the info screen or the HUD. It does not display in the NAVI map even though the maps contain speed data.
Appreciate 0