08-09-2019, 08:08 AM   #4
700_weapon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Stage 2 F10 M5, M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by technician117 View Post
Normal consumption for an M engine.

That said, there are reasons for increased consumption that can be fixed or mitigated. PCV system parts if bad can send more oil into the intakes to get burned. External oil leaks from the engine will make it seem like you're "using" more oil. The oil brand and weight can affect consumption as well. When I bought my F10 it was using about the same amount of oil as you. I have no idea what oil was in the car. I changed the oil to Mobil 1 0w-40 and have continued to use that oil for the next 3 oil changes. After changing it a second time, my consumption had decreased to roughly 1 quart every 4,000 miles! It's been steady since then. Basically I have to add 1 quart between my 5k mile oil change interval.

You are going to get a lot of responses on what everyone's favorite oil is. There are plenty of good brands out there. I'm just related my experiences.

Good luck!
Thanks, will try changing the oil first see how i get on. I'm looking at Mobil 1 0w-40 but it's not showing as an approved oil for the M5 on opie oils?
Just want to make sure i order the right oil:

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-68959-m...ngine-oil.aspx
Appreciate 0