View Single Post
      12-31-2014, 07:53 AM   #72
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I agree with the idea of paying a premium for special paints. On an M Car I think it is a must.

Personally I don't like PMS. I have seen it in person at the M Studio.

It does have the wet look that Greer describes. However to me this is a good color for a show car, but not for one that you are driving. The issue is the shinier the car the more visible water marks and dirt become. For anyone who cares about their cares appearance (which presumably is the target audience for this paint) PMS is an OCD nightmare.

Plus it doesn't actually look like metal - it just looks like an extremely shiny paint. It has a slightly warmer tone than true silver (as in Sterling Silver the metal not the BMW paint). I don't like the tint to the silver that PMS has.

In my opinion - the Frozen paints remain the best options for a street car due to their ability to look great for weeks between washes in all weather conditions. In addition I think they are more aesthetically pleasing because they look more like real metal as the lack of gloss brings out the metallic lustre in the sunshine.
Appreciate 0