View Single Post
      06-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #65
King335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 CP 6MT, '13 X1 35i

I find it funny how many people try to trash the CTS-V. Sure, if you don't like how it looks that's one thing, but if you're only judging from photos then your opinion is null. If anyone here thinks they can knock the V's performance, well then your opinion is, again, null.
I'd be willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of people who try to talk crap about the V haven't ever sat in one, let alone experienced how it is to drive one. This automotive elitism, this cheesy forced act of, "oh Cadillac means nothing, just garbage, my X is so much better", well it just comes off as insecurity.
I'm admitting that the M5 will probably be the superior car, and it is for that reason that I plan on buying one. In all reality, though, the V sedan and coupe are head and shoulders above anything that BMW currently offers in terms of performance and value.

So basically, if you haven't driven a V hold your tongue. If you have, well then you'd know it is a world class car with a fantastic engine and a very nice interior (except for that crap-ass gloss black console..). I get shouted at and stopped and accosted every time I take the car out, people love it and want to know what it is. A fine ass girl pulled up next to me yesterday and started to tell me how much she liked my car and how sexy I look in it lol. That never happened in my 335i, and it wouldn't happen in an E60 M5.

/rant

When does the M5 arrive? I'm ready to get back into a BMW.

2007 E92 335i--SG, Fully loaded, minus the dead weight..err..iDrive and Active Steering.
Appreciate 0