View Single Post
      03-28-2022, 07:20 PM   #81
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Love this. I too am a hobby mechanic. I rebuilt my G35 to support ~700hp and I'm all self taught. I guess I just have that natural understanding of mechanical things. But I would hate to do this stuff as a full time job. Last thing I would want to do is wrench all day on other peoples stuff, and then go home and wrench on mine. I think it would take all the fun out of it.

I've been hit an miss on pony cars. I think certain generations of the Cobras, SVT, and some GT look great, but like most things domestic they try to appeal to all markets and release cheap underpowered versions that ruin the family line.
Thanks! I appreciate that and pretty similar here. I've always had the interest and have just enough general knowhow to get into trouble and deep into some projects like this one.

I'd absolutely haaaate doing this everyday, but because I can pick it up and set it back down whenever I want I can tolerate it. I reaaaally like this generation of Mustang despite them being pretty polarizing. Very sloppy and raw, but that's part of the appeal for me. Probably more nostalgia than anything at this point haha.

When I had my '99 GT I wanted one of these Cobras sooo bad, but they were just out of reach at the time. I continued to follow the markets occasionally and then just decided to go ahead and do it after watching the prices slowly trending upward.
P111572.00