12-07-2015, 10:58 AM   #5
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55
Its a tremendous car. I have one now and owned an M5 from 10/2012 to about 04/2013... for me the M5 wasn't boring but I just like change and new options. I have had my GTS since May and its not let me down once. The steering, suspension, chassis, tq, hp, and interior luxury is incredible. Since this is not really an M5 comparo Ill just speak to the GTS. I normally keep cars 6-9 months and the AMG is nearing that first milestone and its NOT going anywhere. Yes I have tuned it with some serious gains (110hp and 134tq) in the sweet spot ranges but the car just drives incredibly well, especially for a RWD car.

Since you drove it, you know how it feels initially. From my ownership view, it has only got better as I learned the car more and its pro's and very very limited con's. I guess the best way for me to help you is to ask: was this test drive the best or one of the best you have had? Was it better than the M5 test drive or other cars you owned? Yes its just a test drive but initial feelings say a lot IMHO.
Vic - thanks for chiming in. It was the best test drive I have had. But my only reference points at M5 (comp and non comp), M6 (comp and non comp), E90 M3, 2014 911 Turbo, and this.

The car just felt right. I can't describe it any better. It's proportions are just right, interior is fantastic, very easy to handle and sounds great.

I'm concerned about if I do get bored (I can't see why but if I do), am I looking at a steep hit? I usually research my cars for at least a few months and work out all the angles before diving into it. But I have never driven anything like it. It just blew me away and I'm afraid I may be thinking too much by the heart. Buying it is easy and I got a second spot in my condo parking. But it's the hit that I'm concerned about - that can sting!
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0