View Single Post
      03-17-2019, 10:00 PM   #76
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
My post yesterday was probably an impatient reaction to the process of acclimating to such an alien-seeming vehicle. Today's outing was lots more fun. My mood swings about the car and ownership have been all over the map.

At times, this car can seem archaic, complicated, and confusing. Plus, you make a good point about the stress of $/value, and WhyTF do I need a car like this to worry about at every moment?

The T is indisputably excellent, with just minor niggles that don't amount to much. But as I said before, even though the P-car is "better", I doubt that it'll ever hold the place in my heart that the BMW did. Falling in 'car love' is more complicated than a list of stats and performance comparisons.

We'll have to wait and see whether I can adapt to Porsche's quirks, and to relax and simply enjoy it regardless of the unsettling price of admission.
It’s a big move going from a 240 to a 911. I thought it was a big move going from an M4 to a 991.1S and 991.2S, which it is. They are much more engineered machines down to the smallest thing. What I love is that they still do feel like a 911 but never stray from their true roots and deliver a driving experience I don’t think any other manufacturer comes close to matching.
You just need to get over the money factor and enjoy because once you do, you’ll really never want to drive anything again.
Congrats on the purchase! Although, for me, a T needs to be bought in manual where Porsche sprinkled their magical pickle dust and made something special. Even my friends which GT3s can’t stop talking about the T.
Appreciate 1