View Single Post
      12-08-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Let the search begin....

Hey all - longtime member over on M3post, looking to sell me garage queen e90M3 (assuming I have the guts to sell such a magnificent vehicle) and replace it, and my DD 2014 Prius (yes, go ahead and lol but the thing is invincible AND invisible) w/ a 2014/15 F10 M5 CP. Couple of questions and I'd like to get everyone's thoughts.

Budget will be under $40k and I'd like to find something below 70k miles. I'm super OCD though so the condition will have to be near-showroom. I'd like to leave *some* room in the budget for an aftermarket warranty as well, so we shall see. Does it seem like prices for well-kept used examples will be a bit lower in the spring of 2019? Or does the nicer weather bring a price spike with it?

2014 was the LCI year for the F10 M5, correct? Everything I've read seems to indicate that's the case but I've seen several 2014's that don't look like LCI cars (no dbl slats, etc.) Early builds maybe? Incorrectly advertised, maybe?

Next question - for the comp pkg; how can you tell (w/o the vin) that it's a comp pkg? I've seen cars not listed as CP, vin indicates CP, but the car has chrome exhaust tips, 343 wheels (I know that was an option), and chrome M5 emblem.

Lastly, Besides comp pack, what other options are must haves? Alcantara headliner of course, is B&O that good? Exec Package as well, I assume?
What about seating? Are the m-function seats the "sport seats"?

Appreciate the help; been reading, searching and learning for a while now...if/when my car sell, I'll be looking for the perfect M5.

Last edited by 94jedi; 12-19-2018 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0