Chesie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 530i X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscopeeco View Post
Can anyone help me. I have an iphone X and puchased the pro case with the wireless charger. I also purchased the adapter from their site that you place in the 12V "lighter". It came with a wire in the package. Anyhow, after plugging everything up, I get nothing when placing the phone on the charger. I used my own wire with the 12V adapter that I purchased from Pitaka and plugged in my phone. I was able to charge, so it isn't the adapter. What am I missing?
The setup I have is mag case with magmount qi wireless charger. When I purchased mine, I also purchased the dual port car charger, along with a USB-C cable, because the dude at Pitaka said that combination charges the phone faster than using the cable that comes with the mag-mount. In practice, I have found this to be the case, and my phone charges just as fast as the Anker wireless charger at my bedside (both rated quick-charge 3.0/power-delivery 2.0).

My question for you, for troubleshooting purposes, is this: when you plug your magmount qi into your 12v adapter, does the "pitaka" sign on the mount light up, and do you hear the soft whirr of the air-dissipating fan on the back of the mount?

IF you see/hear those things, then you are getting enough power to the charger. If so, does your case magnet "grab" the magnet on the mount? If it does, then it is lining up properly. The final question would be, does your magcase pro work on other wireless chargers? If all of those things are true, then you may just have a bum charger, which sucks. I have used Pitaka for a few years and found their customer service to be top-notch, and their shipping stupid fast, considering their location. The stuff I have ordered almost always arrived within 72h of placing the order.

If the pitaka sign doesn't light up, or you don't hear the fan, then the cable you are using, or the 12v adapter, is no bueno. Try plugging it into one of your 12-18W power cables in your house, and see if it works then. If it does, then you just aren't getting enough juice with the cable you have. You don't have to order one from Pitaka; they sell similar products at Best Buy.

Good luck!

Danny
Appreciate 0