04-04-2021, 07:31 AM   #24
RockNDoc
M5 Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxixt View Post
Hello to everyone! I want to give full review about ssp production . l have bought ssp spec r for my m6 installed it , for first almost 3000km everything seemed to be ok, after about 2850km car started to move when you are in mdm mode and standing on 1 gear, after few km more ,when swiching first or reverse gearbox started to hit . Ok removing clutch and what we see, all plates are ok exept two plates, metal plate bended in one place and started to overheat friction plate .After detailed defectation we saw that ssp plates are made not accurate every spline is very sharp and basicly it can cought on basket any second .Compared oem plates to ssp, ssp is made from cheap steal and without any additional macheaning to make splines accurate and precise. Sent all photos to ssp, for a few days Kris were telling that everything and everyone guilty exept his garbage clutch , after he finaly asked to ship clutch pack to him for warranty repair , to get it back I waited 2 weeks (he got it in few days because i have sent with express) After I got pack back I was realy mad when I saw his "repair" , he gave only one new friction plate and two metal plates he just smashed with something to make them straight and grinded with 80 sandpaper at least it looks like so. Besides every "repared " plate size were jumping about 0.02-0.0035mm by circle .Calling Kris, useless he is not answering, sending pics on wats up , finaly answered - everything ok just put inside, Im telling that i dont like this plates i dont think that it would work- ok i will sent new plates if you want. Serious? And wait 3 weeks more , i dont understand it was so hard to put 2 new plates wtf? After few hour discussion Kris told to put as it is with words that he measured everything and it will work perfect. Putting all back, new oil, filters, adaptations all by his own instructions and what do you think? Clutch works like crap put 1 gear , pause then hit from gearbox, then car moves .Same with reverse and plus when driving and putting off foot from gas pedal there is noise from clutch. Looks like Kris making clearence of this clutches two fingers between moon and stars. Ok I told about situation to Kris , he told that clutch was installed incorrect and he dont care about anything ,no warranty and no refund. So guys I advice not to buy this garbage , othervice you will throw your money togeather with ssp clutch to garbage can.
Worst attitude and quality i have ever met.
Unfortunately replacing my stock OEM clutch with the SSP Spec R has been the biggest and most costly mistake I've ever made! After much research, and all the great reviews, I purchased the complete clutch set up directly from Kris... including billet baskets... for my M5 which makes around 630 hp at the wheels. Also went for the larger capacity transmission pan. Sent my OEM clutch to Kris, for him to build and received back after 2 weeks... this was LAST June. My very experience Indi BMW guru installed... normal adaptation with ISIS... all seemed good except for new noise when engine running but in N. Readapted trans with ISIS Noise went away, only to come back after ~ 100 miles but would go away under light load. Kris assured it was OK and occurred sometimes during break in, so we continued gentle break in process. Put another 300 miles on car gently driving around town to complete trans adaptation. Then drove car additional 600 miles, mainly highway. Needed to pass... first time under full throttle... immediately lost 2,4,6 the gears and master drivetrain fault. Shipped car back to Indi shop. Clutch completely trashed with warped plates (first time we took a look). Shipped back to Kris... reluctantly replaced clutch under "warranty" but said that was it... no more warranty. We opened clutch this time before install to verify correct assembly... found OLD OEM baskets... not the expensive billet ones I paid for! Doesn't say much for quality control. After some discussion with Kris he sent correct baskets and my Indi built clutch and verified all parameters. It's very tight with the extra plates but everything within spec. Now comes the even bigger problem... Despite thoroughly clean transmission, it would never adapt again. As you may know, the Getrag is not serviceable but we did finally trace at least part of problem to a pressure release valve in the housing that is not accessible and likely full of residual clutch material from the original shelling. We have finally sourced a used transmission for replacement and will go back to the stock OEM clutches. This has been a 9 month nightmare!! While many seem to have no issues with their SSP clutches, there are enough of us out there with catastrophic failures that raise serious doubt about quality control and consistency of this product which is sourced from who know where! Save yourself a lot of $$$$... stick with stock clutches and replace as needed... you will be a lot happier! I certainly wish I had!!!
Appreciate 2
M5_Raz514.00
boots623.00