Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP - 2022 M5 CS

Garage List
2015 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNDoc View Post
SSP will take your clutch and rebuild with their parts and send back to you. Thats what I did the first time which gives you a 6 month warranty. There's a shop in Houston that installs SSP clutches and a few more scattered around the country. The most important thing is that the shop you use has a BMW computer to do a correct transmission adaptation after the install. Unfortunately none of this will save you from inferior parts and engineering and you too may be buying yourself a new transmission! Use at your own risk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNDoc View Post
I'll be very interested to hear about your experience with the SSP clutches after a couple of miles! I've found that many on these bloggers disappear after making claims to report back... likely because outcomes aren't always as predicted (try looking up REAL dyno results some time! I've coincidentally posted mine for stock, Dinan Stage II and BPM Stage I which are not fabricated as some will claim).

As far as the install goes, my Inde is a BMW master tech and certified DINAN dealer who has built no less that three of my "BMW projects" including a Dinan Stage V 750li, a Dinan Stage IV 650i, and the current built M5 all of which were new car purchases and modified after standard break in.

No doubt there is a lot of variability in technicians, but this should be a bolt on replacement. The real variable seems to be the quality of these materials. I will hopefully be able to post some detailed pics of the SSP clutches from the car (new with no miles).

As for your shop in Phoenix, I'm surprised you found one as Kris couldn't recommend a shop for me in AZ when my clutch shelled just north of there in Payson. I really hope you have a better outcome with this! I'm not taking any more changes and going back to stock.
Again - I don’t think you can generalize your experience to apply to everyone. You certainly haven’t had good luck - but that doesn’t mean your experience is law. Variables like improper installation, adaptation, and break in can’t be ignored, no matter how emotional you are about the way Kris has handled your particular case.

People are much more likely to report negative outcomes than positive. That’s human nature. I’ll report back my findings either way - simple as that.

Out of curiosity - are you a physician?
Appreciate 0