View Single Post
      11-01-2021, 07:45 AM   #9
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
What are your thoughts on the vaccine and what effects it may have on autoimmune issues like psoriatic arthritis. I have read about people who are actively on immunosuppressant to actually get both doses and recommended to get boosters since the medication lowers their immune response. My question is what about those NOT on medication? Could the vaccine worsen the disease or symptoms given the already over active immune system?
I'm not a fan of giving the vaccine to psoriatic arthritis patients but I can definitely see a need for it. IMO, those patients have chronic infections that can come from vector borne diseases or an increase permeability of their GI tract. The latter is more common IMO.

Having a chronic infection causes a decrease in available substrates for our biological processes. Basically, we lose minerals/elements. Things like magnesium, manganese, selenium, boron, etc. Most of the polyvalent cations are reduced. This causes a decrease in efficiency of our pathways which can lead to epigenetic shifts. This down regulates our immune system. It's a form adapting our body to our current situation. This is done to decrease oxidative stress.

A psoriatic arthritis patient would be a great candidate to do a food sensitivity test to see which items cause IgG reactions. Avoiding those foods would likely benefit the patient greatly. Determining the pathogenic insults for that patient could also be beneficial. That is much easier said than done.

Yes, the vaccine could worsen those patients' health. It could also keep them alive if they got COVID. It's not as cut and dry as they make it out to be.
Appreciate 2