WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
Part of my anger is that my father ordered his car in early 12, finally received it in sept/oct of 12, only to have a comp package released 8 months later?

I bought an 09 E92 M3 in october of 08...it didn't hurt my feelings that october of '10 i would have been able to get a comp package. Two years is a lot of time. They really just rushed this in my opinion, and all the suspension adjustments I have to believe is brought on by the negative response of journalists.
I had an '08 M3. You've forgotten that they changed the nav system and for the E90 changed the rear lights significantly in '09. The change in the Nav system was dramatically different and the '08 model year for the US was only from April to September. The nav system changed again somewhere in the middle of the '11 model year (which was extra long). Was it annoying - yes. Bottom line, the pattern is clear. If you care about the changes, you need to be patient and wait a couple of years. If you want the car when it comes out, this happens. There will be a new M5 someday too.
Appreciate 0