05-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #62
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
Point is its the next model Year. Sure I don't mind comp packs or updates. But a year later? This is an automobile not an iPhone.

In the M3 it was actually the 4th MY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil335 View Post
Wait wait wait! I'm sorry but if BMW makes an M5/M6 then it should be a balls to the walls badass beast from the get go. No competition package nonsense. This should all be included and part of the M5/M6 straight off the floor. My opinion and I'm sticking to it. Church!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
Part of my anger is that my father ordered his car in early 12, finally received it in sept/oct of 12, only to have a comp package released 8 months later?

I bought an 09 E92 M3 in october of 08...it didn't hurt my feelings that october of '10 i would have been able to get a comp package. Two years is a lot of time. They really just rushed this in my opinion, and all the suspension adjustments I have to believe is brought on by the negative response of journalists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chong0 View Post
aside from the bushings and suspension tweaks, it's programming. This just makes me favor a bmw ecu flash as opposed to an aftermarket. and agree hope that these parts retrofit.

us early adapters can not complain- we have had exclusivity rights and I have loved every minute of it
Meh, BMW is not competing well in the "Competition Package" dept. vs. the likes of AMG (P31 pk.). Also, they just made every 8 month old F10 M5 owner feel a tad bit bad. I know exclusivity has its place, but for 8 months...wow.

I would be pretty ticked my car is already a dated version missing some refined performance software that BMW should of included to begin with. I mean, they should at least offer the software upgradable components as a option to current owners for a minimal labor charge or free. This is after all a $100k car.
Appreciate 0