View Single Post
      10-10-2018, 10:02 PM   #5
pcohen15
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5, Singapore Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERFM3 View Post
I migrated to the F10 M5 platform but kept my E92 as its all sorted to perfection. I would highly recommend getting a car with history, miles actually help these M cars stay in shape if you ask me. These cars don't seem to have the same grenades on E9x Ms. I bough my car from local BMW dealer and was able to negotiate a great deal with extended warranty. Car has 70K miles and its a simply amazing.

PS. NEVER BUY A GERMAN CAR WITHOUT EXT. WARRANTY. My E92 cost the warranty company well over its sticker price of $72K in repairs.

GL and keep us posted.
I agree 100% on the warranty issue! In fact, my E92 is at the dealership now. It went in for a recall to the blower motor wiring, and in the process of inspecting everything, they found a leak in the A/C evaporator. Thank you, that'll be $3900, please. My extended warranty covered it, as well as a cracked fuel sending unit. I'm less than a year into a 4/50 warranty, and it has already covered about $7k in repairs.

I'm finding lots of indy dealers that apparently don't check the VIN when putting together the ad for their cars. I've seen three competitions that weren't, and adding Executive and Driver's assist is par for the course, regardless of whether or not the car has the options.

I'm looking for fresh brakes and tires. The warranty will cover the rest.

I'll be back.