05-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #68
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
The 650S is the cheapest looking POS on the road anyway...I don't care if it outruns everything in reverse.

Well dang. I thought we were going to have a little fun! I was trying baby-hahahahahahahaha!
650s pos? really? how so..
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexey21 View Post
I was starting to think I was the only young one here . Good luck in Law school.

thank you sir.

N.S.A I had the exact same thoughts as you did upon driving the 991 C4S for the first time. I got back into the M5 and said.... this thing is cheaper, faster, and it also has got control like no other, I dont understand the hype with the 911s. Except as each day and night went on, I kept thinking back to the C4S and decided I had to have another go at it. I came back in a week and had a go at the regular 7MT Carrera, which is way slower than the M5, and I started to realize the potential this car has. Got back into the M5 and and smiled as I took off, but for some reason, the M5 interested me less and less. Finally another week goes by of me thinking about the 911. The more I thought about the 911, the less I was excited by the M5. Finally, one more test drive sealed the deal for me. Once I caught on to the fact that the M5 was making me less exciting I realized it was game over M5.

The 911 made me realize that control is just as important as the motor. Back when I drove my first car , E60 550i, I always enjoyed how balanced the car was. It had enough power AND it had good handling characteristics that you were always aware of because the car communicated with the driver. The M5, excites a person with the brutal power it has, and distracts you from the numb communication, in a way confusing you on what you want from a car. All the way until I drove the 911 again, the M5 played an illusion on my mind, but as soon as I knew what was behind the red curtain I could not go back to pretending. I admitted the M5 has a far greater motor potential than the chassis. Due to the fact that I felt the cars chassis was underdeveloped, and that sense of control was gone, it made the car less enjoyable, and personally felt less safe as its stability is not always clear.

I get what your saying for sense of control. it scares me sometimes when it starts to loose traction then therefore I have to let go of the gas pedal to get control back. It goes side ways under MDM mode. But I still love it. But I admit I MISS my m3s handling and feeling around curves and I wish I still had it. which is like missing a Porsche 911 in terms of handling. I think the chassis is not bad specially under sport plus mode its so stiff and absorbs anything. Just wish I would not feel scared around curves because it is too big I do not expect it to do a lot of things that I have done with it. but until you start to drift slightly that's when it gets scary and the car feels light.
Appreciate 0