05-28-2014, 03:30 AM   #82
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
My C4S (pic below)- now Cold list will defend the C2S and I drove both. I want the ultimate in control so I went 4S and the wider rear. Both are winners in their own right. The C2S is the more tossable car but I found I could push the 4S to the outer limits as well. Its a brilliant AWD set up. In the rain (Cali does get that right? LOL) the car is formidable; while others slow down I found myself driving the same in the dry (almost).

If and when you test drive: Sport Plus for sure, sport shock set up and do NOT be afraid to red line the car- the car reminded my of my old E63 M6 where the sweeter spots were up in the rpm range. If the car has the sport exhaust make sure its on and your ears will be filled with the sound of music.

I agree with you. I use to have an X6M I actually looked forward for the rain to test the 4 wheel drive capability and it was awesome as I COULD actually floor it and get great traction. That's why I am a fan 4 wheel drive fast cars and sports cars. so I am with you with the 4S and not only that the wider tires make the car look more aggressive. Plus where I currently its kinda has windy roads so in the rain it helps a lot. but in the summer my M3 and m5 are awesome for the roads by my house, too bad my m3 is sold. By the way your car looks gorgeous? what spoiler is that and rims?

that's good to know. based on videos with or without sport exhaust, it seems the sport exhaust is a most. I seen videos the engine sounds so good with the exhaust, I wish the new m3 had the engine sound the 911 does. since its a inline 6 cylinder. But I will definitely try to red line it if the dealership lets me haha and apply those settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexey21 View Post
I think the 996 was not comfortable, but the 997 turbo I have is very pleasant for everyday. Tire noise is the only complaint I have, but if you can live with it then it's very good. The 991 though addressed the tire noise compliant.
that's what others been telling me and based on my uncles 2002 911 turbo, its very bumpy.
Appreciate 0