View Single Post
      12-07-2015, 11:07 AM   #6
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post
Vic - thanks for chiming in. It was the best test drive I have had. But my only reference points at M5 (comp and non comp), M6 (comp and non comp), E90 M3, 2014 911 Turbo, and this.

The car just felt right. I can't describe it any better. It's proportions are just right, interior is fantastic, very easy to handle and sounds great.

I'm concerned about if I do get bored (I can't see why but if I do), am I looking at a steep hit? I usually research my cars for at least a few months and work out all the angles before diving into it. But I have never driven anything like it. It just blew me away and I'm afraid I may be thinking too much by the heart. Buying it is easy and I got a second spot in my condo parking. But it's the hit that I'm concerned about - that can sting!
I cant tell you how the market will dictate down the road but if that's your primary concern then Ill say this: the first auction sales on the car (test cars) came back very strong vs original msrp's. The M5 wont fare any better nor does almost any luxury car sans unique Ferrari models. From a numbers view, the car has about 11% in it from msrp to net of hold back and about 6% from msrp to invoice. If you can find one that has been on the lot for a bit I think you could get 5% off the car. If you are in Cali then pricing will be more steep. I bought mine for msrp last May (144k) and have offers now at 135-140k via dealer trade in's. I do have low miles (under 1200) so that helps. I just don't think you should miss the opportunity if its financially sound for you and the family.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0