View Single Post
      06-03-2017, 11:35 PM   #23
JoshIII
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i M-Sport

Just Getting Started on 2013 to 2014 NBT

I hope you guys are still active here, especially Dracon, because I am thinking about doing the same thing he did for enabling SiriusXM album art graphics on my 2013 535i M Sport.

I don't want to get too technically detailed at this point. I only have a general overall picture of the system and required retrofit.

I reviewed Dracons posts on this subject, and it makes sense. He obviously is light years ahead, so I need to consider all potential pitfalls and expenses before attempting the same plan.

For starters though.. does the NBT include the 3G phone, navigation system, Hard Drive, iDrive Processor(CIC) or just the FM/AM/Satellite receiver? It would be really neat if could upgrade from 3G to LTE at the same time (dreaming).

If all that stuff gets replaced with the single silver box retrofit only to enable SiriusXM channel art, I'm not sure its going to be worth the trouble, expense, and complication.

I guess I need to find a system diagram, before I can even ask intelligent questions at this point.

Also, what is the cost of getting a coding computer, interface cable, and software for just the coding operation that follows retrofit? That is required to make everything play together and work right.

By the way, for this project and questions above, I am talking DIY totally. I will be getting 2014 MY used components rather than a kit from BimmerTech, for example.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/images/...eposthorse.gif
Appreciate 0