09-15-2020, 06:50 AM   #21
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I just did this today. What a PITA. I had to do a hybrid approach as I could not get the box to come out. There was another rubber attachment for the box into the chassis which I could not detach.

I ended up taking the intake tube off, unbolted the torx, and unclipped the front of the box, just so that I could twist the box a few centimeters such that I can get to Screw #7.

I ended up changing the filter with the bottom half of the box attached to the car. I couldn't even access Screw #7 on the passenger side, ended up doing the filter with everything in tack, including prying the charcoal filter out.
It required a little bit of force for me, but the rubber attachment on the bottom is a little pressure-fit ball and just pops off*. Prior to finding the above video I also did it once the way you did and yeah, screw #7 was a real PITA.

*make sure to pull straight up as the tube coming from the front grille goes into a slot on the box.