View Single Post
      05-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #61
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I agree with you the E9x interior design can look pretty plain without the i-drive NAV. But that is because most BMW interiors are designed with i-drive in mind without them they look lost. That is why in higher series cars like 5, 6 and 7 even if you do not get the NAV system you still get the i-drive screen for aesthetic purposes.

None the less you are right the fit and finish is still nice for BMW and Caddy is close but not there yet.

Oh and another thing is that sitting in both my best friends M3's it seems like BMW did a half ass job on the center tunnel for M3's right around the gear box to where the center armrest or storage bin is located. Because in my E92 335i the wood interior runs all the way up to the armrest from the gear box. The entire center tunnel has matching wood. But in the M3 there is no wood or carbon fiber instead a plain jane naked black plastic. Why BMW.....it makes no sense.

Just take a look at these two pics.....why would BMW do half a** job on M car? vs non M car.

One thing that I did like about the CTS-V interior was the suede steering wheel cover it felt real nice and soft on the race track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post

I'd agree with pretty much everything said here. I thought the CTS-V nav. screen was chintzy but IMHO the E9X M3 interior is pretty crappy too. That's coming from an E90 owner. Just looks outdated. Materials are nice though.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 05-20-2012 at 11:00 PM..
Appreciate 0