View Single Post
      10-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #14
dropstart67
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

I purchased my Akro Evo exhaust for my F10 M5 about 3 weeks ago and had it installed shortly after by a friend of mine who owns a local tuner-shop. The installation took them less than 90 minutes! They took the time to layout the new system on the floor to show me the workmanship. Really well made and light!

At first startup after installation...I was a bit disappointed at how "muted" the exhaust sounded from immediately firing from cranking until the warm-up cycle was completed. It seemed as though the stock exhaust was even a bit louder. But if you revved it a bit or stood on the gas - you can definitely tell it was there. Very nice sounding. Very nice. Like someone said earlier - even their website doesn't do their exhaust justice.

However - after I put about 50-100 miles or so on it, it seems to have "broken-in" just perfect. Hard to explain in words but it's just right. Hasn't gotten any louder since that. It is definitely the perfect-tuned "growl" now yet the inside noise level is hardly increased. No drone. No harmonic "vibes" coming from the rear of the car. It's the perfect sounding exhaust for my daily driver. My favorite besides standing on the gas WOT is downshifting to a stop from top gear, keeping the revs below about 4K. With the engine rev-matching the downshifts and the Akro exhaust note...you'll never have to turn on the (less-than-perfect) B&O sound system. You will find yourself driving a lot with the windows down and the music off. Trust me.

BTW : Since the stock exhaust is pretty much 1-piece...be prepared to transport it away somehow. I wanted to keep mine intact so I needed a truck to haul it away. Just figure that it's length runs from about mid-engine to tail-pipe tip. Just a word of advice.
Appreciate 0