View Single Post
      03-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Broke 10,000 miles this weekend...

AND WHAT A RIDE IT HAS BEEN!!!

After 10,000 miles of driving this beast, I am just still in disbelief that I get to actually own an F10 M5. She's been absolutely amazing not only in her performance but also in her reliability. I've literally had nothing go wrong with her since the day that I picked her up at the Welt on that rainy morning on Sept 1st 2012 at just 1 mile on the odometer. I love this car!

I took her on a road trip to San Luis Obispo for a M5/M6/M3 meet for the weekend and it was simply outstanding. The trip was complete with highway cruising with other ///M's, 150mph runs, drifting, and other various acts of hooliganism. I also had some first time F10 M5 passengers that rode with me on this trip, a really nice couple in their mid 40's. I didn't really know them but they are friends of a friend that I have and their BMW was in the shop for this weekends trip. They own an E60 535i, that has been modified to take E85, and they kept on complimenting me about the quality, luxury, and performance of the M5. The whole trip they kept saying how it just felt like a roller coaster. I love having first time passengers with me, just so I can see their reactions when I punch it to 150mph. Lol!

The Michelin Pilot Sports are still going strong, the Bang & Olufsen sound system still completely blows me away, and the torque is still so intoxicatingly addictive. BMW has just made the most incredible driving machine in the history of automobiles. The M5 just feels like a rocket ship every single time I punch it, man what a feeling! Plus the sound of the RPi GTM straightpipes is SO glorious!!!

I broke 10,000 miles just as I was nearing my home in Oceanside, driving on the 5 South with the sun setting right there on the ocean and blasting Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" on the B&O, it was pure driving pleasure I tell ya!

I haven't gotten a chance to get the pictures from this weekend off my camera cause as soon as I got home I went downtown to go celebrate St. Patty's Day with my friend and was her 21st birthday this weekend. So as soon as I get home from work today I'll see about uploading some photos from the trip.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0