NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
What is the reason behind it dropping down in the midrange then picking back up to the target again? Is there still plenty of room up at the high end of the range, i.e. With stage 2 Pure turbos
HPFP is a limitation at this power for the target AFR. As you can see in the log we're targeting low 12:1 there. 12:1 requires more fuel under full load than 13:1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Haven't seen any cars putting down this powerband at 22psi on pump w/ just DP (Miami Weather as well)
apexlocator NightM ARC550 vince7870

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC550 View Post
It's at 24psi with taper down to 23 with upgraded Map sensors. Impressive still but yea.
Thank you.

If you look closer at the log 24psi is not sustained boost, holds it 4850-5160rpm Stock TMAP sensors on this car and no other modifications outside the ones listed. 24psi in the top end would pick up another 30-40whp if the HPFP doesn't nosedive and can keep up. With meth on the car, different ballgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightM View Post
650whp 705wtrq
Thanks for sharing. Did you get a chance to get some logs of your runs and look at how your HPFP pressure is doing?

Glad you logged AFR on that dyno. I see your car is running 1-1.5 points leaner AFR through midrange than our runs in this thread. That's what we were hinting at earlier. Running 13-13.5:1 through midrange instead of 12.1-12.2:1 will most likely lift the HPFP higher and help on the torque. Then again as some mentioned, maybe clutches would start slipping as this is a DCT Is yours a 6MT or DCT?

On the Pure Stage 2 run I see your boost is tapered lower to higher as RPM goes up. No AFR trace unfortunately but that's another way to keep that HPFP from dropping out and take advantage of getting more power in the top end.

If you guys have any other runs with datalogs to share that are on pump gas specifically and stock turbos/downpipes that'd be great. Without datalogs its just another dyno pull and it won't bring much value to the discussion.
Its a ps1
I have manual

The pic above is not my car but my buddies car on stock turbo n clutch.

Yes idk if they have done logs (owners of cars)
But only data we do is race cars on event if that helps. Lol.
Appreciate 0