View Single Post
      05-08-2022, 01:30 PM   #7
kyle95
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 jerez m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicolorado View Post
I'd buy the lowest mileage, newest car you can afford with a traceable and complete ownership history. Pretty much the same approach I'd take for any car I was interested in, but the history is important because you don't want one that's been improperly modified or abused. With the power these have, you could really damage the driveline if you dump the clutch, power shift etc. Not everyone will love the car the way you would. Clutch and flywheel parts are not inexpensive nor is driveline work, so just use common sense and have it inspected.

All of that said, I think the car works beautifully with the manual and having that level of control with this level of power is just awesome. It shrinks around you when you drive it hard on a winding road and feels like a superhero. To me it's a bit like a bigger e90. It's a special car, among the last of big stick-shift sedans!

I have 59k on mine-a 2015 comp pack manual, and have had zero issues with it, just maintenance. I drive it twice a week and do everything with it-take kids to swimming, drive to work, drive for fun etc. Make sure you use a BMW-LL01 engine oil (LL04 also ok) and change the driveline fluids using the right viscosity. 5k oil changes are the sweet spot. Mine is and will remain bone stock and I'm using all BMW OEM parts-the price differential isn't that great for most things and I just figure this car deserves it. It lives in the garage and I keep it shiny.

Good luck, happy to answer any questions if you have 'em.
Thank you so much ! It's just so hard trying to find one. I typically do oil changes every 5k as well. I've just heard horror stories about the coil packs / plugs with misfires. I know s63 motors are gremlins lol . The s65 I'm pretty comfortable with working on but gotta do more research to see if I find anything.
Appreciate 0