View Single Post
      03-06-2019, 09:54 AM   #22
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Lots of cars can make power on 91 octane. Look at the Underground Racing Twin Turbo Lambos making 1,100hp one pump gas but race gas they make 1,500hp. But those lambos are completely different setup than what you are running.

Alex is capable of making a tune that will push out 2,000hp I'm sure but you've got to have the right hardware to support that kind of power. For you, Pure Stage 2's are great but are vastly underpowered for what the Carbahn motor is capable of. In other words they don't work with the Carbahn motor well.

Second is downpipes, you are probably losing about 40whp at the least by sticking with stock catted downpipes, but I understand the difficulties in going catless what with those California Carb laws and now you have the CHP patrolling everywhere just looking to send everyone they can find to the Referee.

Third, is tuning, you can't expect Alex to tune the car to what the hardware is not capable of. And as Alex pointed you his tunes have never destroyed a motor, if you want more risk I would suggest a different tuner, but you might be spending another 30k on a new motor when yours breaks again due to bad tuning.

Lastly, my personal advice, is that you just sell your M6, get what you can for it and get an F90 M5 or an M8 when it comes out. The ZF8 transmission is much more suited to your driving style as is the AWD, trust me you will love it. The ZF8 clutch can handle way more torque than the DCT and you will not need to worry about upgrading it. And the AWD will allow you to just mash on the pedal from a dead stop all day long. I'm not saying this to be mean or anything, it's just that the F90 M5 and it's AWD are so much better for that kind of driving.

In the end high torque and RWD don't go well together in any car design. 1/4 mile times are always going to be slower in these F-Generation cars unless you do some crazy modifying the rear suspension and turn it into a true dragster. AWD is just so much easier if 1/4 mile times are your forte.

Good luck!

Appreciate 3