View Single Post
      11-26-2015, 04:06 PM   #28
BMWlab
Rep
Drives: White M6 Gran Coupe 2016

Great DIY. I did mine today in less than 20min. I did 2 things different.

First I applied painters tape on all 4 sides of the original badge. This gives a little better image of where the new badge goes.

Secondly, I did not like the thought of applying the badge pieces on separately. One little slip and the job is a total failure. Putting on 2 pieces doubles the risk. So I took the M and the 6 (in my case) of the badge while they were still on the wax paper (as shipped by IND and spaced properly) and applied painters tape on top of the pieces. I made sure not to tape over their edges (so I could still see the edges). I then took a pencil and laid it lengthwise on top of the badge. Next I taped the pencil to the tape that I had just put on top of the pieces. Again I made sure I did not cover the edge of the pieces with tape. By doing this I could grab onto the pencil and use it as a handle for both pieces that remained properly spaced at the same time. I then removed the wax paper covering the sticky tape on the rear of the pieces. Using the pencil I could pickup the badge in one piece, line it up, and apply both pieces to the car at the same time. A perfect outcome.
Appreciate 0