E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemtn View Post
Guys,
It's been about a month since I've had the coding done.
Overall, I don't know if I would do it again. Here are all the options I sent to Alex, and what I think of them today.

List of requests
  1. Removal Of Seat Belt Chimes

This is nice. Care is more quiet now when you get in.

2. Windows up/down with key

This works as it should I think (I've yet to actually use the key)

3. Windows up/down with comfort access (Comfort Access Required)

This is probably the most disappointing one to me, and the biggest reason I was doing coding in the first place. Apparently the sideview mirrors, and the windows are all in the same code space. So, they both go up at the same time. Why this sucks for me: I like to leave a window open a bit for air on hot days. Now, I do this dumb game or rolling the window down extra low, then trying to time taking my finger off the comfort access before it is fully closed.

4. Folding Mirrors with key

Haven't tried the key.

5. Folding Mirrors with comfort access

As I said in the above section, these ARE NOT SEPARATE ITEMS. The mirrors and the windows go at the same time.

6. Cut power radio/electronics once driver door is opened

Very Nice. I notice this all the time.

7. Removal of CIC Accept Warning (faster boot up after removal)

Nice.

8. Activate DVDinMotion (Play Videos on the go and stopped)

Haven't tried any

9. Removal of camera warnings (requires cameras)

Works Nice.

10. Add Fuel Stop Proposals

I have no idea what this does. I've run low on fuel several times, but have no idea what this is supposed to do since I haven't noticed anything.

11. Add signals in HUD

I thought I would be super excited about this, but it ONLY works in Non-M mode. So, if you have the tach up, then this doesn't work in that mode. So, when I really want to drive, and that's when I have it in M-Mode, and that's when I don't want to look down in case my blinkers are on. And that is when this doesn't work...

12. Remove window safety feature (windows will not stop rolling if door is opened)

Haven't tried this yet or not noticed.

13. Remove Amber Side Marker Lights in headlights (Euro look)

I guess this is nice. TBH, I dont' remember what it used to look like.

14. Fogs on with High Beams (Fog Lights will not turn off when high beams or used)
    I have an m5, so no fog lights.

15. Fog Lights on when car is unlocked

No fog lights on m5

16. Open and close trunk with key and inside trunk release button (requires power lift-gate)

This might be the best one. I love being able to close the trunk from inside the car.

17. Digital Number Display For Tire Pressure Monitor with Temperature

Very nice. Coded it to a preset button for easy access.

18. Control Cameras at any speed

I thought I had Alex do this, but when I asked him why the rearview doesnt' come on, he said that most people complain that it doesn't turn off after you are in reverse, becoming a bit of a pain. I can understand that, so this is of so/so worth.

19. Cooler seat setting for cooling seats

I can't tell if these got any different, but I don't sweat if that means anything.

20. Anti Dazzle (have LED and Drivers Assist Plus)

I've had limited time to use this. It's hard to test, and I haven't driven enough at night to tell.

21. Turn off Active Sound

I've got Turner, so my car is louder that average. I am now totally used to the Turner, and almost forget it is there sometimes, so that is good. You don't forget when you floor it though. I can't tell if active sound went away or not.

So, overall, it's kind of a 50/50 if I would do this again.
The anti-nag screens gone is VERY NICE. The comfort access think kind of sucks, as does the rearview camera either being always on or always off type of thing if you code it.

Hope this helps someone!
Nice - good to know! Will pm you for some details
Appreciate 0