View Single Post
      11-13-2018, 11:12 PM   #23
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Considering 5 vehicles driving out of Paradise, CA have dead bodies in them, I bet they would have found it useful.

Which is exactly what the link is about...and I even stated I thought like you until I read about this actually working in California right this minute.

I doubt any of those filters have been changed.

It also appears that you are not reading links, just posting.

Musk credited Google co-founder Larry Page for turning him onto the idea and with the Model X in 2015, Tesla introduced a brand new HEPA air filter system.

The automaker claims that it is about 10 times larger than a normal car filter (pictured above) and it is “100 times more effective than premium automotive filters” as it removes “at least 99.97% of fine particulate matter and gaseous pollutants, as well as bacteria, viruses, pollen and mold spores.”

Notice difference in size between the filter in left and right hand, which you would have seen if you looked at link.
If the car caught fire I'm not sure the occupants of a tesla would have survived if all the air outside was burned up and only carbon dioxide was left. Not sure if the windows likely would have melted in the heat as all the burned vehicles are without tires and windows and are hollowed out shells, not sure a Tesla would have faired better.
Appreciate 0