View Single Post
      05-18-2022, 08:44 PM   #1
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Rpms surging on idle and cold start

So, never thought I'd be making this post cause I've always read about it but didn't think it would happen to me but here we are now :

Around two ish weeks ago I decided to take out my MAF's and give them a clean with a MAF cleaner, took them out unplugged it, held it over a towel gave it a nice spray and let it dry for 20-30ish minutes, once it was dry I put it back in plugged it back up and continued on

Ever since then my car has been running very odd, no misfires or limp mode but on idle sometimes it feels like it's about to stall out or the rpm just surges a bit and this is exaggerated on cold starts, I assumed it's possibly the computer getting used to a cleaner MAF or since I had unplugged it it might have reset, I didn't really think much of it until yesterday where I got a check engine and the code was as follows 118111: Mixture control 2, across banks: Mixture too rich

From my knowledge this could be anything from MAF to all the way to injectors but I'm assuming I messed my maf sensor up for this to happen I don't think it's an injector

I cleared the code then proceeded to drive and it hasn't come back on ever since, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this, my car is still running a bit odd on idle especially at cold starts
Appreciate 0