View Single Post
      09-29-2020, 01:05 PM   #1
Lord HUMUNGUS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 M5 CP, 2002 Honda S2000

Potential New (used) Owner, some Q's

Hello all. New to the forums here. As the title states, I'm in the process of buying a used 2014 M5, competition package with less than 10k miles, clean title. For all intents and purposes, this car would be a daily driver that I would use 1-2 times a week, with the occasional back road drive here and there. I met the owner and saw the car/test drove it, and from everything I observed the car seems tip/top. He provided records of maintenance from the bmw dealership as well. As far as how the car looks, drives, and feels, its as close to brand new without being brand new. It really does seem that no expense was spared for the owner as far as maintenance/care is concerned. I have all the funds lined up for the purchase/maintenance, but I have a few questions that hopefully you guys and gals can give some feedback/answers before I jump in.

1. Would you be hesitant to buy a low mileage f10 m5? I know the general rule of thumb is the lower the miles, the better for any used car. I'm assuming this holds true for the f10?

2. Is an extended warranty worth it for a car with such low mileage? I do not plan to mod the car at all (performance wise), maybe just visual modifications.

3. Anything that I should check myself on the car before purchasing?

Thanks in advance for any feedback/tips. If everything goes well, I should be a new (used) owner by the end of this week.
Appreciate 0