stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
While I agree that the tech's or porters shouldn't joy ride, he needs to give the leadership at the dealership a chance to address his concerns. Maybe something was discovered while his car was being serviced......we don't have all the facts. I'm sure these tech's see M cars all day long. Now I don't know if the OP has a highly modded car or not, but the behavior of joy riding or "test driving" is more common on modified cars............Phil
Fair enough. But if something else was discovered other than the job requested which was replacing the cup holder door cover, then shouldn't the service advisor inform the customer?

The issue here is also the lack of transparency. As I mentioned on the other thread, my Lexus dealer would always call me and ask for permission if they needed to test drive the vehicle, and they would also offer if I wanted to join in some cases. I also have 100% confidence that my BMW service advisor would do the same. She makes sure she is the only person who drives my car during a dealer trip including driving it into the service bay, and she is transparent too.

When dealers are not transparent, one fears they may be hiding something. Like this

http://jalopnik.com/5628903/bmw-deal...ner-out-of-27k
Appreciate 0