03-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #14
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Fair enough. But if something else was discovered other than the job requested which was replacing the cup holder door cover, then shouldn't the service advisor inform the customer?

The issue here is also the lack of transparency. As I mentioned on the other thread, my Lexus dealer would always call me and ask for permission if they needed to test drive the vehicle, and they would also offer if I wanted to join in some cases. I also have 100% confidence that my BMW service advisor would do the same. She makes sure she is the only person who drives my car during a dealer trip including driving it into the service bay, and she is transparent too.

When dealers are not transparent, one fears they may be hiding something. Like this

http://jalopnik.com/5628903/bmw-deal...ner-out-of-27k
I agree the SA should have made a call if this was in fact the situation......but if that's not dealership policy, whatcha' gone do? Now your SA does things for you because of an established relationship. My dealership does things for me because of very established relationship. OP was just another car on the service drive that needed to get in and out. BMW dealers have been known for sub-par service....Lexus dealerships are known for 5 star service. I think we sometimes expect certain things because we write such a large check.....but the reality is the dealership hires people that see your car as the next job. That's why it's really important to know your SA. Ask to meet the shop foreman. You have to let people know what you expect or you'll get that famous word "next"..........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0