View Single Post
      07-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #15
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

My 2008 535i after 53k miles and 4 years 7 month the tan leather still looks brand new. I have never used a conditioner or even wiped it. It has stood out in the open parking lots, under sun, snow everywhere still the seats looks brand new. My service manager is always shocked when he sees my car look brand new. I guess you just have to take care of your things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
This isn't a low maintenance interior either. The Piano Black is a very high maintenance finish. Has to be cleaned very carefully or it will scratch. and if it doesn't get cleaners it shows dust very easily. Some people end up buying a range of swissvax polishes and optimum detailer spray to clean this stuff to keep it looking new.

If you want lower maintenance get aluminum.

BTW not maintaining leather will just lead your leather to crack within a year or two if you park it in the sun. Black leather is no different to white leather when it comes to dehydration, creasing and cracking. This is why you have to condition it the same as a light leather.