View Single Post
      09-14-2018, 06:12 PM   #5
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
bm3 came out November 2016. There are close over 8500 users now, many of those are V8s of various flavours and our OTS maps are built by those holding records, have been tested around the World with countless runs of cars at the drag strip, street, autobahn, 'ring...

The OTS maps are set within safe levels for given octane for both the transmission and the engine as there's quite a bit more left if pushed at the expense of potential longevity..

If there's demand for weaker maps we can always make those but TBH those requests are very rare, don't believe I've ever heard anyone ask for it but lets open up the discussion and you guys can let us know if there's true demand for something like that and we'll make a linear torque map no big deal at all what would be neater is to let you guys define how you'd like torque to come in maybe through the map config screen based on RPM which is super easy and doesn't require getting into details with a map editor for tuning.

You can already do it based on gear for traction reasons and most of the guys regularly using bootmod3 configure to match their traction abilities more appropriately for their tire and suspension setup.
You may remember some of my posts asking on similar things around these lines, I'd like 750nm at the engine for as long as possible with pure stage 2 - ideally through to 7000rpm or so.

I'd also like less power/torque/boost in 1st to help with launches.
Appreciate 0