View Single Post
      03-10-2019, 01:12 AM   #13
RG604
Canada
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

My motor build from BPC (# 3 or 4 )was an epic fail .
I had my motor sent to them got it back and had our local bmw dealer do the install since they are quick and we have a good relationship with them.They got everything in , m5 wouldn't start and they found that the intake cam on bank one and the exhaust cam on the 2nd were 180 degrees out. Installed backwards but with the tool bmw provides it can be just human error .. Thankfully having seen that before in house they sorted it quickly not wasting much time chasing diagnostics .
So everything gets put back together and the tech calls me right away saying once the car gets warmer the exhaust is smoking really bad . Check everything from turbos and scope the valves to find one not closing properly..
Prior ,I let BPC know about the cam issue and they said they will "make it right". I then let them know there is material in the heads and that one valve is open (brass from the custom valve guides was the material). They asked me to send back the motor or even with the car and for all of this they would "tune" the car for me.. Sending it from vancouver canada wasn't happening especially with the car due to logistics of the border etc plus i was pissed. Considering the cost of this motor build I would expect a perfect motor.. I have all the emails back n forth with the owner of BPC during all of these issues. I have other builds and work/life that i couldn't just focus on this and the dealer was looking at this like "WTF" cause they knew how much i had spent.My current situation is that ill be running the bpc bottom end but have done my own spec of heads. The valve guides issue was cause the fitment of BPC's setup It was complete shit if it had ran good right way it wouldn't of ran for very long due to finding that later when having it apart some were very easy to take out. They have literally killed my passion to build this car i just want it running and that's it . I won't be installing the weistec 3582R kit anymore so if anyone is looking for a brand new kit not used or mounted .Im willing to let it go at a good price. I really like to stay out of this drama but its better that people know before falling into the guinea pig phase .
I haven't heard from BPC nor have i contacted them since the end of 2018 just due to frustration and them knowing where I stand. Never seen anything to make it right or cover any expenses I've had to deal with so far.
I will have the car back together in the next few weeks .