View Single Post
      01-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #20
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsumerFanatics View Post
Just to clarify, I never compared the DFR to BT streaming until I was asked about it by a subsequent member. The only thing I've tested is using my iPhone directly plugged into the car's USB vs. hooking up the DFR to my phone and into the car's aux. I personally find the latter better sounding, but as I mentioned, YMMV.

The chain should be iPhone > Apple CCK > DragonFly Red > 3.5mm > car
I know you did not initially compare until asked; I was just pointing out that BT streaming is inferior and your original comparison is a much better test with a few additions. I do not know anything about what happens, if anything, to sound files on Iphone through OEM USB charger to car vs Apple CCK. Yet, it is my understanding that anything plugged into 3.5mm or USB gets processed by vehicle.

I also understand the connection order you use in your vehicle. I was just curious if you ever tried music files without Phone (ie just on USB flash drive) as well as whether DFR could be used in the order I described.

Nevertheless, it sounds like DFR is a good option for using with headphones at least and possibly an alternative for those that like to load their phones with music to play in vehicle.
Appreciate 0