03-21-2016, 12:12 PM   #29
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Let me add "DCT" , "Steering" and "Handling" to the M5 pros. Also, because of these three (and lower center of gravity) M5 is about 10 seconds faster (than X5M) over the ring...
To me X5M is too heavy and that's why even with a more powerful engine and more torque beside the AWD is still slower than M5 in term of 0-60 or even 1/4 mile + trap speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDWonder View Post
Hey...question. Which do you prefer and like better, the x5m or m5? Can you detail their differences and pros and cons? Im looking to get actually one of these vehicles. Was curious to hear from an owner of both models. Thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
I can't speak from experience about the X5M (I only have the basic F15 X5) but I can vouch for the M5. I had a bone stock LCI 2014 M5 in black sapphire back / black int. Most basic looking combo imo. I was surprised how much look I got in the car. In FL nonetheless and I used it when we vacay at the beaches. Great comfort car and yet will pull like hell in sports mode.

Everything is different on the M5, even interior if you get the extended and BO. I had a nice run with the m5. I personally don't find the techs in M5 dated. 16 vs 16 would have the same navi/hud/controls. The seats on the X5M are really nice though but the M5 has butt mover option lol. It's not a massage like the s-class but it shifts your butt cheeks around.

Test them both, you can't go wrong with either.
One very important difference that I left out, B&O in the M5 sounds so much better than the B&O in the X5M. Both systems have the same power, but it's filling a tighter and smaller cabin of the M5. This makes it so much better. If you're an audiophile, go with the M5 over the X5M. I still have both, so I can tell you it's night and day in audio difference.

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/car-a...es,-,Limousine

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/car-a...s/bmw/BMW,-,X5