Proftinkerpot
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport -Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarjoo View Post
Ladies and Gents

Thanks for your input, things a re certainty clearer regarding how to verify of a car is a CP or not. The vin website, in order to use that I'd have to get the Vin off the selling dealer or view the car and eye up the vin during a test drive I guess.

The 2000 mile/2 year limit for the RIS is now mentally noted, thanks again!

Fortunately, time is on my side and there's no rush to get a car. From what I have read there are plenty of M5s out there and so being fussy is the right way to go. So I think i'll hold out for my desired colour combination, and at minimum settle for most of the optional extras I want. Also prices will only drop which cant be a bad thing for a would-be buyer. (Though my current car will clearly also do the same, but at a slower rate.)

A question: How are you current stock F10 M5 owners finding the car in terms of being understated and not attracting excessive attention that an M3/M4 might? Is it fairly under the radar from your experience? For the kind of colours I'll most likely consider (Singapore grey for example) under the radar should be more achievable?
I have a Monte Carlo blue car which replaced an Estoril blue 335d. Only a few people in work noticed I had changed with others commenting that I had bought myself a new personal registration. I think that's pretty under the radar. In comfort mode the car will cruise quietly under the radar. It only becomes an animal when you go to sport or manual and let the revs lift so you can hear the V8 burble. 😁 I think the M5 is a great Q car.
Appreciate 0